Old 08-04-2007, 07:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default cat remedy

No sorry I don't have a remedy yet. Found a tip in one of this weekend's newspaper liftouts about the plant SOLENOSTEMON CANIS - will deter cats from your garden.

I found out that Solenostemon is a Coleus - and Canis is "dog", but couldn't find the species with both names together.

There was a cat in my backyard the other day and it detours through my coleuses to get to its yard. Hopefully it won't do that again, but I am not sure how effective coleuses are.

Maybe SOLENOSTEMON CANIS is a different plant altogether.

Anyone had any successes with deterring cats?

Thanks for any help
Katherine