Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default seed dowsing

hello,

i am enjoying some old (and not so old, but certainly not new!!) gardening
books that were my grandfather's, which my grandma's given me now she's
moving on into assisted care.

one of them is an esther deans book (she is lovely!!) in which she gets a
bit into seed- and plant-dowsing (both to identify male and female plants,
but mainly to identify "positive" plants over "negative" ones). i haven't
got round to trying that yet, but i was wondering if anyone here has tried
it? how did you go? is it worthwhile? i gather esther tests (tested??!)
almost every seed & plant after she got into the method.

i daresay every gardener has been frustrated by two of the same plant, right
near one another in identical conditions, & one goes fabulously & the other
is just a dud & nothing really improves it. certainly i have been frustrated
by this. when i get to it, i'll dowse the suspects & the good plants & see
what i find out.

i wouldn't want to be dowsing every single carrot or oregano seed though ;-)
kylie