Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Philip Semanchuk Philip Semanchuk is offline

Default Free wood chips/mulch anywhere?

In article , Marymind
wrote:

Philip Semanchuk wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a tree trimming service in the Triangle that allows
you to help yourself to their chipped wood?

Thanks

Just give one of them a call Philip and ask them to dump a load of chips
at your home. I used to do that years ago with a Chatham Co tree
service...but be aware that lots of nitrogen is released by fresh
chipped wood.

Thanks, Mary. I called Davey Tree in Morrisville (919-460-8733) and they
agreed to do just that next time they're in my area. BTW did you mean
that nitrogen is *consumed* by fresh wood chips rather than released?
The former has always been what I've been told. But I'll be using these
to grow mushrooms so I'm not too worried about the nitrogen anyway. =)

Cheers
--
Philip Semanchuk
email: first name @ last name.com