Old 14-04-2007, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Growing grapes

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Baal wrote:

I've bought 2 vitus vinifera plants from Wilkos and now they are growing
quite well and having never grown grapes before, do I remove the lower
shoots at this early stage of the year in order to concentrate on the main
upward trunk / two potential trunks?

A couple of sites from a google search revealed that tese are to acidic to
be suitable for eating.

Since the original poster didn't specify which variety of Vitis Vinifera
he had I'm not sure what you were looking up! There are plenty of
varieties which do ripen successfully in England.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France