Old 15-04-2007, 05:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default help? sick pawpaw/papaya

g'day friends,

looking for all help and suggestions, our once healthy pawpaw (the red
variety) papaya for those across the pacific, is now ailing.

now just to reming all this tree grew very quickly to this stage and
is full of fruit and still flowering, at first when i noticed it i
thought it ahd gotten a bit dry, but it realy couldn't have dried out
to that extent but we added liberal supply of fresh water but to no
avail.

the growing crown is all wilted and sagging as you will see in the
photobucket pic's.

what can we do to save this tree? it is about 3 mters away from the
salt water pool but to date has shown no problems and it's not like
sea water as the grass ahs never died when it gets a watering of the
water.

though it is well mulched when i inspected the area around the feeder
roots was a tad dry, but watering has had no effect.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../100_0193a.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../100_0192a.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../100_0189a.jpg

we where looking forward to a big feed of pawpaw.

tia
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--