Old 16-04-2007, 11:42 PM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default potato fruits!

"0tterbot" writes:
"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i wouldn't know crap from christmas when it comes to potatoes, but i read
somewhere that potato plants will very, very occasionally make fruits.

It's not *that* uncommon!

yes it is - it only happens to particularly special, worthy people upon whom
mother nature smiles.... g.

Not true. Happens for us good-for-nothing unworthies, too.

this topic seems never mentioned in garden info, so i guess it might be a
trait of some potato kinds under some circumstances, or something.

Peter Cundall answered all of these questions for you last Fri/Sun. He
said the seed pod is poisonous; either cut it off (I guess the plant
expends some energy into growing it) or leave it to get composted when
the plant expires.