Old 19-04-2007, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Life cycle of the rose killer (beetle)

That might really help. One never knows.

Conditions exist from time to time that enhance the thrive rate of
insects and rodents. The balance in nature run-a muck.

When we have a really bad black 'fly' year - we can only hope for bad storms.
When the storms occur, the next year the crop is lower. Not overheating cars
as they drive to the store!

I look at what you did as a push towards normalcy from an excursion into kayos.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

dohc46 wrote:
Last summer 2006 I came home from work on a hot sunny day and noticed
1000s (seriously unbelievable) of beatles hovering/flying/sitting...in
my 3 acre yard. Sorry environmentalists but I got my spray pump and
good ol' "Sevin" and starting terminating NUMEROUS beetles...no joke
they were so bad that it seriously sounded like rain from the beetles
falling out of a tree I sprayed. Ok here is the point/question.....

Since these beetles apparently just came up from the ground (that many
I would have noticed if they came out days before)... did I simply
just kill 1000 beetles OR did I interrupt the reproductive cycle and
therefore hopefully not as many this year. I'm hoping since they
apparently just turned from a grub to a beetle that I killed them
before they could "get it on" with each other and produce more for
this season 2007.

Thanks.