Old 28-03-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Grading Problem

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news:INNga.234075$F1.25368@sccrnsc04...
BV,

Based on your plan, and the direction of flow, I would either build up the
sides of the pond, or lower the VF. Water doesn't run up hill. The top

of
the sides really doesn't matter, except that the amount of liner exposed
creates some aesthetic issues.

I think I am talking about maybe a 2-3 inch difference. I may be able to
grade it up, not sure how that will look, but I plan to experiment this
weekend. I want to get all of the excavation done this weekend. Anyway, I
have plenty of dirt and will give it a try. If that fails and the only real
concern is aesthetics, I am not so worried. The area that will have the VF
is nestled in my landscaping, so some nice ground cover planted
strategically could solve my "i can your liner" problem.

I guess the bigger question is...and I feel like a moron asking this, but I
don't know the answer...do you think a pump will be able to keep the VF
filled even if it is above the water level of the reservoir pond? I assume
the level dropping will only be an issue when/if the pump is off.

Should I put a valve in the return pipe, so I can regulate this flow better?

BV.