Old 20-04-2007, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

Will Wilkinson wrote:

"woodglass" wrote in message
o.uk...
Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

We've had one of the Ca****ch ultrasonic scarers for a couple of years -
they do work and you can get an adapter to run them off the mains rather
than keep changing batteries. They're not cheap though, around £50 IIRC
but better than some of the cheaper alternatives as they have a motion
detector so only trigger on movement.

I got one with a motion detector, really aiming to keep squirrels
away:
http://www.zencatalog.com/PestContro...ar den_9.html

It was completely useless on any setting, all wildlife seemed
undeterred. However, my partner, whose hearing is clearly more
acute than mine, found it very annoying.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.