Old 22-04-2007, 10:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Graham Corbin Graham Corbin is offline

Default Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Since when does David have a bush house??? Day before yesterday he
didn't when we corresponded! Graham, are you teasing poor Dave?? I know
he doesn't have one, but would like to. Whose bush house is it really?

Reka

Sprung! Can't fool Reka. I must confess, this was a group effort between
David and myself to see how long we could string along the group, but it
didn't even really get started. David indeed does not even have a bush
house, just shelves.

The truth is that this is indeed a photo of David Gillingham at the
front, but he is just lusting over the magnificent display. The true
owner/grower is Ross Harvey, owner of Cedarvale Orchids, who is the
'Harry Butler' look alike behind David. The people behind Ross are
various members of ANOS KABI enjoying our bush house visit to Cedarvale
Orchids. (Fortunately, I can remain anonymous as I was the
photographer.)

This bush house is a dedicated house just for growing Cooktown orchids
(Dendrobium bigibbum) plus a few other orchids which like similar
conditions. eg. Note the tall canes of Dendrobium discolor on the back
wall above the third persons head. These canes are 5m plus tall. Try
getting that to a show!

The photo shows just one small section of the house and all the Cooktown
orchids are in flower at the moment, truly spectacular. If you ever get
the chance to be in Brisbane in April, make sure you leave a few hours
to check out Cedarvales Cooktown orchids. They are truly spectacular
this time of year.

Sorry about the deception, but David & I thought this was too good an
opportunity to miss giving it a try. As a long time lurker but
relatively new ABPO poster, can I claim David led me astray and get away
with it?

Graham Corbin