Old 23-04-2007, 12:20 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Teech Teech is offline

Default Bamboo Poles

On Apr 20, 7:44 pm, MT Byers wrote:
Bamboo is not really all that durable, in my experience. I guess if you
slathered on the polyurethane, it might be OK, but otherwise you could
expect it to start splitting in a year or so, and then the rot would set
in soon after.

Teech wrote:
I built a pergola on my back deck. I want to "roof" it with bamboo
poles. I'm looking for a local source of bamboo poles.

Any suggestions?

--
John- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the info. I've started thinking more about shade cloth at
this point.