Old 28-03-2003, 05:44 PM
ande

Default lotus question

Thanks for the info. I am also zone 7. It's been in the 70's here during
the day and not dropping past the lower 40's at night. I am keeping an eye
on the extended forecast though. Do you leave your lotus on the deck year
round or do you move it in somewhere for the winter?

"K30a" wrote in message
It's hardy to zone 5

Now what zone are you?
hmmm, then I think the next question is 'do
you know what its growing conditions were before
it comes to you?'
As in, was it in a greenhouse?
You'll want to match its current conditions to your current conditions.
If it was in a greenhouse you would want to slowly prepare it for life

outside.
Give it a few hours a day to get used to the change. Don't rush.

I am zone 7 and my zone 5 lotus, (also a deck dweller) doesn't begin to
show life until May and I still have to be watchful of night conditions if

don't want the first few leaves to get bitten. (I'll stick a clean peanut
butter jar over the emerging leaves at night.)

k30a