Old 26-04-2007, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default White snake

Persephone wrote in message
news
Maybe this is OT, maybe not.

My gardeb is in So.Calif coastal.

Saw my cat staring at something yesterday afternoon.

Turned out to be a PURE WHITE SNAKE, about +- 3 feet long,
lurking under a rose bush. About 1-1/2" thick.

I called Animal Control, but snake was gone by the time they arrived.

They seemed dismissive of my (and my cat's; he was meowing and running
around in circles like crazy) concern. "Oh, it's just a garden snake;
we see them all the time", etc. I asked whether I should block up the
cat door, but they said snakes wouldn't go in there. ???

I have been here [censored] years, and have seen other critters,
but nary a snake. Also have never heard of a PURE WHITE
snake!

I tried locating white snakes on the 'Net, but got only some rock
group.

Any input on this -- how to research that snake, whether
I should worry, and any similar experience in this area?

TIA

Persephone

Little googling found albino king snake, albino milk snake, albino (red)
corn snake, albino gopher snake, albino rat snake, albino garter snake etc.

Try advanced search, albino "snake", english language.
--
Dave