Old 26-04-2007, 04:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default White snake

In article ,
Persephone says...
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:17:15 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:17:33 -0700, Paulo da Costa
wrote:

Persephone wrote:
Maybe this is OT, maybe not.

My gardeb is in So.Calif coastal.

Saw my cat staring at something yesterday afternoon.

Turned out to be a PURE WHITE SNAKE, about +- 3 feet long,
lurking under a rose bush. About 1-1/2" thick.

I called Animal Control, but snake was gone by the time they arrived.

They seemed dismissive of my (and my cat's; he was meowing and running
around in circles like crazy) concern. "Oh, it's just a garden snake;
we see them all the time", etc. I asked whether I should block up the
cat door, but they said snakes wouldn't go in there. ???

They probably meant "garter snake". Albino garter snakes are sold as
pets, as you can see he

http://www.albinogartersnake.com/

Probably not a great danger to anything larger than a mouse

Aha! That's the first thing I thought -- that it was a pet that had
escaped from the new (not very communicative) neighbors!!!
But when the Animal Control officers knocked, there was nobody home.

The first thing I thought was the 80s rock band Whitesnake ("Here
I go again...")

They aren't very communicative recently, either.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/