Old 28-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Newspaper seed tubes?

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Charlie" wrote:

Did I see somewhere that you can germinate seeds in little tubes of
newspaper filled with compost?

I don't have links, but basically you roll newspaper strips around a round
form and tuck the ends in the bottom. I've seen a wooden tool for sale to
do this, but people use any small tin or bottle of appropriate size.
It's the same thing as a compressed peat pot*, but cheaper. You need to

set
them in a tray that provides some support, because the "pots" will
eventually break down, as they should.

You can always use flour paste to stick them together, the flour will rot
together with the paper after it's been planted,

Alan