Old 20-02-2003, 01:03 AM

Default Pond sides....dry cement/dirt mix?

I would go with notching out the top 12" and setting concrete block held with rebar
driven into the dirt and then filled with sand or something that drains well. we did
all block cause we were digging in sand. Ingrid

(Cleveland Ponder) wrote:

I can only tell you what I did based on my research. My pond is
18'x25'x5.5'. I made a cement shoulder approximately 12" wide and
about 2 1/2" thick with two 3/8" rebar for reinforcement. I have a
lot of weight around the edge of the pond and have had no settling or
edge breakdown in 3 years. What I did may be a bit of overkill, but I
have no concerns about a side or edge collapse.