Old 27-04-2007, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default do mice eat courgette seeds?

On 27 Apr, 19:53, "shazzbat"
wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

In article , shazzbat
writes

They love seeds. I use sunflower seeds in the mousetraps and they're very
effective.

Steve

Right, this means war and another packet of courgette seeds. The mouse
won't beat me! I guess it couldn't get to the others so I am going to put
a cover over them.
At what size will they not bother?
--

I can't answer your last question, but I've just re-read your OP and I have
a couple of my own. You said "There's a sort of depression in the centre of

The other one is "There's a sort of depression in the
centre of each pot (about 20)"

TWENTY? how many courgettes are you aiming for?

Steve

Yes Janet, when Mice take out seed they often leave a depression in
the compost, as to when they stop, when the plant stems get tough and
not worth eating.
I have had 4 traps on a bench now for about 2 weeks and in that time I
have had 12 mice, using peanuts as bait.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries