Old 28-04-2007, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default do mice eat courgette seeds?

In article . com, Dave
Hill writes

Yes Janet, when Mice take out seed they often leave a depression in
the compost, as to when they stop, when the plant stems get tough and
not worth eating.
I have had 4 traps on a bench now for about 2 weeks and in that time I
have had 12 mice, using peanuts as bait.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

|Thanks David. I have now sown the others indoors and once they are big
enough I'll put them in the greenhouse with protection. They haven't
touched the broccoli, Brussels sprouts or mange tout but I will
probably put fleece or something over them now to stop any mice. Think
I'll also put a trap on the bench as suggested.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association