Old 28-03-2003, 09:21 PM
.D.E

Default Black brush algae from hell

I can't seem to shake this from my tank.

Since I moved about 2 months ago, I've been having a hell of a time with
black brush algae. I did a quick test of the water today:

FE: 0
PHO4: ~2
NO2: .3
NO3: 8
ph 7.2
Ammonia: 0
KH: ~3
GH: 0

weekly 40% water changes.
I added 3 bags of phosphate remover to the ehiem 2226.

I just did a 20% water change.

Tank is 66 gallons. Heavily planted & med fish load of tetras.

I'm going to start doing biweekly or triweekly water changes.

Is there any other way to reduce this phosphate level?
No fertilization or iron being added. Any time I do that, the stuff
takes off again.

Substrate: profile with flourite added.

CO2 @ 1 bubble/sec

Suggestions?

--
Later.

D.E.

Have a better one.

To email me back, simply remove "Forget.The.Spam" from my address.