Old 28-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Tom Elliott

Default Splitting Tomatos

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:38:53 +1000, Scott Brady
wrote:

G'day all,

I have a penchant for growing old varieties of Tomatos.

At the moment I am growing a variety called "Tigrella".

It seems that a lot of the fruit that I pick are splitting.
Am I watering the poor little fella's too much, or could there
be another reason for this?

Hi.

I also grew a variety of tomatoes this year. Out of all the tomatoes
I grew, only the Tigerellas split (not all of them, about 20%).
Perhaps it's in their nature to do so.

Normally splitting is caused by not enough water, followed by a good
soaking, but I kept my garden moist throughout the growing season.

Tom

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.