Old 01-05-2007, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default dues

There are about 15 of us but a few rarely come. At our meetings we have
has as few as 4 members show up and as many as 12. The biggest number in
the last 6 months was about 9.
You didn't really expect a big club did you? :-) There aren't very many
people living around here and, of course, orchid growers are extremely
rare. I was quite surprised that we got as many members as we did.

Sure signs of spring:
The last of the snow finally melted from my yard last Friday afternoon.
(Snow can still be seen in some areas along the road and/or in the woods.)
The crocus out on the yard are in full bloom and the daffodils, near the
house, are blooming. The tulips and the daffodils out in the yard still
have a ways to go.
The lawn is becoming green again.

Steve

Diana Kulaga wrote:

Steve, in that case, how do you pay for whatever you need as a group? Maybe
the better question is how many of you are there? If it's a relatively small
number, then I can understand no dues.

Another question: how's your weather now? I know you got a lot of rough
stuff late in the season. Any sign of spring?

Diana

"Steve" wrote in message

When we formed the Adirondack Orchid Society 2+ years ago, we talked about
dues but never did get around to doing anything about it. We pay no dues.
Of course, as always, "you get what you pay for".

wrote:

just a general survey type question--those of you in local (or other)
societies, what do you pay in dues? thx...

--j_a