Old 03-05-2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] jankey@erols.com is offline

Default Question about repotting from a newbie

On May 3, 12:14 pm, "Gail" wrote:
Some of my orchids have been in the same pot two or three years now. I have
read that they should be repotted (because the bark breaks down). How do I
know if they need a bigger pot along with new bark? Thanks in advance.
Gail

unfortunately, you don't know 'til you actually pull them out and look
at the root ball. often when i repot, the plant ends up going right
back into its old (disinfected) pot. some times it actually goes
*down* a pot size.

see

http://firstrays.com/potting.htm

have fun! speed death bluegrass and a lot of beer help.

--j_a