Old 28-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Chris McMillan

Default [IBC] Worse than Mallsai?

In message
87FC4D6C5FBDD311A6F00008C7E6F4C6243260BE@excmsg01 ptlge.penske.com,
"Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL" writes
My son (15) has shown an interest as well. I couldn't be happier - a shared
interest at that age is priceless! Anyway, I would recommend Ficus or some
other forgiving plant that will survive inside during the winter (you don't
want that burgeoning interest to die during the winter). You want a
forgiving plant, because most kids (not all) tend to be a little forgetful
at times...

And adults........... :-)

Years ago there was a craze for bonsai kits for Christmas : these were
aimed at adults. It would have been I think over 20 years ago as I
think I bought my green fingered granny one. Certainly my mum got one -
but she's not as naturally green fingered as her mother in law was.
Just tenacious. None of the seeds germinated.

Sincerely, Chris

--
Chris McMillan