Old 05-05-2007, 07:17 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,misc.survivalism,rec.gardens
Roger Coppock Roger Coppock is offline

Default Bees, Hornets, and Global "Warming"

On May 5, 10:07 am, Hurt wrote:
Could this be why bees are disappearing?

Yesterday evening, while waiting for a bus, I noticed a bunch of bees
dead on the pavement. I also noticed a hornet trying to carry away a
dead bee body. Now I've seen this before so I figured that bees and
hornets fight. And they do. Now I thought to myself, what if the
missing bees are succumbing to a greater number or to the activity of
hornets that is somehow related to global "warming". So I did a
little "googling" and BINGO, a potential link. It turns out that
hornets can be more active when exposed to more UV light because they
stay cooler! So if greater solar activity is causing more UV light
and warming, which I believe it is, it could also explain the missing
bees.

To bad that your Googleing didn't find this:

Over the last 29 years direct, not proxy, measurement of the
Sun's output has shown no long term growth large enough to
explain the warming of the Earth, only an 11-year cycle
is noticed:
http://www.pmodwrc.ch/pmod.php?topic.../SolarConstant
http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Ch...rming_999.html