Old 05-05-2007, 02:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default Vandas and Spanish Moss

On May 4, 9:09 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:
"

How then do you water and fertilize them? Do you take them down and dunk
them in a bucket of water?

I don't have that many vandaceous plants, so I water them indoors
every couple days by spraying them in a utility sink. Outdoors, I
just use a hose and a fine spray nozzle. I use the same method on
Nepenthes. I fertilize them with a sprayer.

The bucket method seems to me to be a good way to spread disease.

J. Del Col