Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] aspasia@adelphia.net is offline

Default Green lemons!

On Fri, 04 May 2007 17:43:06 GMT, Dave wrote:

On 22 Oct 2006 13:07:06 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

I have a lemon tree which I rescued from the warehouse where I work
last year and it has developed 2 marble sized lemons over the 'staying
in' period. I'm just trying to acclimatize it now to outdoors.

They are both green and look like small limes.

My point is this... you can buy lemons dead cheap,

Mebbe where you are, but here in LA area, I've seen them as high as 50
cents a piece. SO glad I planted my tree [censored] years ago!

why try and force
your tree? Mine has bushed out in all kinds of all awkward ways, but
hey, I say to it... if you want to grow like that - good on you.

I prune it occasionally but not because I want it to supply me with
lemons.

Follow it's

ITS

progress intently, and watch it grow. What better
pleasure?

Regards,
Dave

Any thoughts on how I can encourage 3 green lemons to ripen? Being in
shitty England the weather is going poo so I am now concerned these 1st
born are going to go to waste before they become useable....

Thanks
Eddie

"Your mouse has moved. Windows will now restart for changes to take effect."