Old 06-05-2007, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default Plants loosing colour

In article ,
Dasco wrote:
About five weeks ago I planted a variety of plants. Some of them (not sure
of name) had a beautiful copper/red colouring, however recently the leaves
are turning green. One that I particularly like has a corn type base and the
Lilly leaves float on the surface of the water. Roots appear to be good and
I feed with Seachem Flourish Tabs - No CO2. Any ideas on how I can get the
colouring back?

Plants get more red when they're nitrogen deficient. That's why they look
so great in stores.

Strong light will bring some of it back but you'll need co2 if you go
too bright. Flourish excel is a good half measure; easy to do albeit not cheap.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net