Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Vreejack Vreejack is offline

Default Duckweed Source

On Apr 23, 1:01 pm, (Richard Sexton) wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
Does anyone know of a trustworthy source for duckweed on the web?

People BUY that stuff? I consider it a pest at best a noxious weed at worst.

If you lived near me I'd give you garbage bags full of the crap.

Duckweed is important if you are running a natural low-tech tank.
Instead of changing the water you scoop out some of the duckweed. The
only water that gets changed in my tank is whatever is in the
biofilter when I clean it.