Old 07-05-2007, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Vandas and Spanish Moss

On Fri, 4 May 2007 21:32:21 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
We have quite a few Vandas. So, a few years ago, Frank rigged a watering
system using sprinkler heads, PVC and a simple timer from Home Depot. The
water comes on at 9 AM every morning and lasts for 5 minutes. We water more
often in the dryer months, and less when we have our summer rains. We can
set it for twice daily if needed. Fertilization is done a couple of hours
after watering, by hand, twice weekly. Sometimes we shut down the system and
just do the fert. Ideally, if we could follow Martin Motes suggestions (and
he's surely right), we'd fertilize with every watering. We're not set up for
that.

Anyone that does the automatic sprinkler for vandas or similar use
use a fertilizer siphon in the system?
How are the results?

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up