Old 28-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Jane VR

Default Shade-loving ground cover to supress weeds

David Hare-Scott wrote:
"silvasurfa" wrote in message

Throw a few nasturtium seeds in whatever you decide to plant, because

if

they do well and reseed it would be lovely, and if you decide you no

longer

want them they are very easy to pull out.

I have seen nasturtiums go mad in full sun, but no experience of them in
shade, will they form a dense cover in shade or end up going leggy
trying to climb up to the light?

In my garden they get leggy but still out-compete the wandering jew
where they get a little bit of sun, but in full shade under trees, the
wandering jew wins.

Jane