Old 09-05-2007, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Spork - half fork half spade

"runner bean" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 9 May, 05:25, "Fergus" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

A fiend of mine Robert Todd has designed and made the garden spork.
It's half fork & half spade. I wasn't sure how good it would be so I
tested it out in my allotment. I was very impressed by it. The blade
didn't get clogged up with clay as my spade tends to do. It cut
through the soil and the sharp cutting edges cut sliced he soil
effortlessly.
It's nice when a British invention does the job it was intended for.
It was great at weeding the gravel path like how and is light yet
tough.
It's well worth a look.

yes, a friend of mine made up a shovrake which is good for spreading
bullshit.

The shovrake is quite limited then, maybe it's too sharp & pointed.
I've put this first message on here about the spork as I believe there
are people intersted in gardening to share ideas, comments. The point
of my message is to let people know that there is an alternative to
spades & forks.
Yes I have a web site and have the spork listed but I pass the sales
on as Robert doesn't have a web site and I wan to help. The best place
to buy the spork is the Town Garden in Oxford.
and no it's not mine and I don't have shares etc.

This site, uk.rec.gardening, is VERY sensitive to advertising. You are
advertising a business, I was only advertising another website but got a
warning 'that I had exceeded the 4 line advertising rule of the charter'
:-((

So stick to the 4 lines in both advertising AND YOUR SIGNATURE AS WELL. Mine
was picked up quite a while back :-((

Kind regards

Mike

--