Old 09-05-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_2_] Manelli Family[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot's Cattleyas

"SuE" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 May 2007 21:45:50 -0500, "Manelli Family"
wrote:

Oh, I don't mind waiting for flowers. I wouldn't know a reliable grower
from a used orchid salesman. Can you recommend one? The new greenhouse
has
plenty of space. :0)

I am sure you have said where your located but you can start with the
three you know from posts on RGO and ABPO - AL, Kenni, and Ray. You
"Know" them from talking with them or reading what they say to others.

After that you read about growers with specialties such as the Vanda
growers in Florida that Diana mentions. OR the you ask.
For over all variety and great Plants. I recommend Oak Hill Gardens.
For mini- catts I suggest Gold Country.
For fun picking your own - local shows that host out of town vendors,
if there are no specialty orchid growers in your area.

Al -http://www.orchidexchange.com/index.htm
Kenni - http://www.jborchids.com/
Ray - Firstrays.com
Oak Hill - http://oakhillgardens.com/
Gold Country - http://www.goldcountryorchids.com/

There are festivals around the country that are gathering of vendors
just for your enjoyment.

Thanks a bunch Sue. I'm going to enjoy going over all these sites tonight.