Old 09-05-2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default Home Depot's Cattleyas

On May 8, 7:39 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:
I stopped by HD this morning and saw they got in those very small cattleyas
in the mesh bags for under $5 each. I couldn't resist and came home with
two of them. ...

I have two of these. Both were labelled; both are growing well two
years later.

One of them is forming a sheath.

Big plants from HD have done very well for me. I've had to divide a
couple of them, and they bloom every summer.

You have to give the plants a careful inspection before you buy them
to be sure you are getting one in decent shape.

J. Del Col