Old 10-05-2007, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_2_] Manelli Family[_2_] is offline

Default Home Depot's Cattleyas

"jadel" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 8, 7:39 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:
I stopped by HD this morning and saw they got in those very small
cattleyas
in the mesh bags for under $5 each. I couldn't resist and came home with
two of them. ...

I have two of these. Both were labelled; both are growing well two
years later.

One of them is forming a sheath.

The weaker one of mine really perked up with a transplanting and a good
soaking. He's outside on the porch with the rest of the orchids.

Big plants from HD have done very well for me. I've had to divide a
couple of them, and they bloom every summer.

I have also had excellent luck with orchids from Lowe's and Wal*Mart.

You have to give the plants a careful inspection before you buy them
to be sure you are getting one in decent shape.

I wish the little catts were easy to examine but they're in those little
mesh bags that are hard to see through. The other orchids are much easier to
see and check.

J. Del Col