Old 20-02-2003, 06:03 AM
over50

Default cold water

"James & Julie Fields" wrote in message
I have a question that needs some help. I am looking for a good way to

keep
my pond warmer in the winter time. I have thought about solar heat . My

pond
is about 1000 gals,. Any suggestions on a low cost way to heat it ? It is

an
above ground 8'longx3.5'wide x 2.5 ' deep.. rectangular..

thanks

I don't know how true this info is, but I have heard that you could use
sterafoam sheets on the surface to hold the heat in, but I guess
a person would need to tie it down some how when it gets windy.

Here in Reno it doesn't get cold enough to pitch a greenhouse over our pont
in the winter, but I've been thinking about that option.