Old 14-05-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan John McMillan is offline

Default Goji berry

In article ,
"Robert \(Plymouth\)" wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
: I see T & M are selling Goji Berry plants...
: http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/product/82004/1
: anyone tried growing them and are they any good?

Tried them dried from Holland and Barratt and didn't see anything in them
but the T and M picture looks very tempting as always.

The article in the wikipedia on chinese wolfberries, goji, gouqi,
lycium barbarense and/or chinense and the Duke of Argyll'e tea tree
is most informative.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfberry

In addition to the four or five UK sites mentioned, it also grows
up the Yorkshire coast from Spurn, at Staithes and Redcar and
doubtless other places too.

If you want the dried berries, you'll get them cheaper in a
chinese supermarket than at a "health food" shop. I tried
cultivating seed from them and got good germination but lost the
pot in some drought episode or other. I'm going to try again.