Old 17-05-2007, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Problems with Mantis tiller

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
I have a 2-year-old Mantis mini-tiller with the 2-stroke engine.

I can't get it to run! It starts easily, and can idle forever, but as
soon as I give it throttle, it dies.

I've replaced the fuel filter, checked the air filter, it has fresh
gas, proper mix ratio.

What else can I do? This is the latest I've ever planted.

Assuming you don't trample your garden and compact the soil, there's no
reason to use a tiller each year. The soil exists in distinct layers which
have a purpose, and it takes time for those layers to establish themselves
properly. Turning it over wrecks the process.

Drag a claw tool through the top 4-6 inches, and smooth with a rake if
necessary. End of job. Plant seeds. Have a beer.