Old 18-05-2007, 06:41 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Grass spray to stunt growth?

wrote:
Does a chemical exist that one could spray on grass to
slow down its growth.... yet not kill it?

And can a consumer buy it?

Most grass grows fastest in Spring and requires more frequent mowing. If
you use the growth retarder, it could retard the growth in the summer.
Remember this when you come back in the summer and ask why your grass
doesn't seem to be growing.
I mow with a garden tractor. In the spring, I mow twice a week and,
while the ground is still soft from Spring rains, I tow an aerator
behind the mower, so that the smaller amount of Summer rains sinks into
the ground to the roots, rather than stay on top. In the Summer, I may
only have to mow every other week, or in some drought Summers, once a
month, if at all.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY