Old 21-05-2007, 06:28 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Tina Hobbs Tina Hobbs is offline

Default anyone remember when hummingbirds show up?

One of my first came buzzing by my head shortly after that last big
frost we had (it amazes me how they know!) I put the feeders up the
next day and have had 3 or 4 regulars ever since--and a very tiny one
that just showed up this weekend. Yesterday I took the feeders down
to wash & refill and had two of them chattering outside the window
until I returned them :-)

Something I discovered last year--they *love* shrimp plant! I planted
some in pots on my patio and the hummers would come to the flowers
even when I stood right there watering them!

On 19 May 2007 06:58:01 -0700, ncstockguy
wrote:

We haven't seen any yet, but I am thinking late May is usually when
they arrive. I know an occasional rogue shows up in the off season,
but isn't it about nesting time for the hummers here now?