Old 29-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Torsten Brinch

Default Parallel lines in agriculture do meet?

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:57:26 GMT, (Phred) wrote:

G'day mates,

A note from the American Soc. of Agronomy FWIW:

quoting
CONVENTIONAL OR ORGANIC?
Scientists from the University of Minnesota demonstrated yields of
corn and soybeans were only minimally reduced when organic production
practices were utilized as compared with conventional production
practices. After factoring in production costs, net returns between
the two production strategies were equivalent. This research was
published in the March-April {2003, I presume] issue of Agronomy
Journal,
http://agron.scijournals.org/current.shtml.
/quoting

Interesting that the yield drag of organic input, compared
to high input conventional, was no more than 7-19%.

(Speaking just from the abstract, I will not pay for the article,
since that would support the US economy.)