Old 29-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Default recommendations for great top soil or soil with perlite?

Linda,

You don't mention where you are, but I've had good luck getting mulch from
Bradsher's on Louisburg Road NE of Raleigh (more or less, it's the place
with the giant man in front).

Unfortunately, the only time I got topsoil from them was when I bought a
[delivered] truck full -- much of which is still there where it was
dumped, as it's a LOT tougher to deal with 6+ cu. yd. of topsoil than with
the same amount of mulch, sigh.

I think the topsoil I got may be a little on the "clay-ey" side, but it's
what I thought I needed here in Sand Country!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Linda" wrote in message
om...
Happy spring! Do you know a place that will let me pick up great top
soil a pickup truck full at a time? Or where to get great soil mixed
with perlite? I'd rather go a bit further or pay a bit more for
scrumptious soil rather than get a load of gray stuff scraped from a
tobacco field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ... Linda