Old 30-05-2007, 09:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default Chinese Elm Suckers

I reckon you have found out why theyre called suckers.
And I can see why the subject is called Chinese Elm Suckers.
You are (grin!)
If youre a gardeners there so many "gotcha's"

Geoff & Heather wrote:
David,
Not only do I have the suckers coming up 18 months after the tree was cut
down and several applications of neat Glypho and "Tree and Blackberry
Killer", but stupidly I had them mulch the tree - seeds and all. I then
spread the mulch around my garden and am still getting little Chinese Elm
Trees popping up all over the place.

I'll be watching the responses with interest :-)

Cheers,
Geoff

"len garden" wrote in message
news
g'day david,

yes those root suckering types of trees a bit of a problem, maybe you
could hit the sucker growths with some tree poison? you could try neat
glypho' but it may not pack the right punch. you need something that
will kill the roots.

On Sun, 27 May 2007 20:35:57 +0930, David
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev