Old 30-05-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Charlie[_2_] Charlie[_2_] is offline

Default Landscaping Your Yard for Birds

On Wed, 30 May 2007 21:21:43 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

Charlie wrote in :

On 30 May 2007 07:06:52 -0700, wrote:

(ARA) - Due to rising human population and suburban sprawl, land for
bird habitats is decreasing. With the ever-increasing abundance of
concrete and asphalt comes the disappearance of food sources and
nesting grounds for birds. The good news, however, is that you can
help.

The birds help greatly with some insects. Thanks for posting this and
reminding us.

Last summer we watched a cardinal workin' like crazy in the cherry
tomatoes. He spent aver an hour frantically fighting with something
all over the vines. After he was done, we found that he was attacking
some small hornworms that I hadn't noticed. He must have eaten some,
but others he just smooshed. I didn't know anything would eat them.

Needless to say I finished his job, lazy bugger.

Care
Charlie

Cardinal to the Mrs. when he got home
Do you know that lazy bugger guy has worms all over his tomatoes and he
didn't even come out and help me fight them off???
/Cardinal to the Mrs. when he got home

LOL......thanks for another perspective!

Chuckles, er, Charlie