Old 01-06-2007, 12:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_9_] Jonno[_9_] is offline

Default cat remedy

If you wish to you can always buy some zoo poo.

HC wrote:
Have you got any tigers that you could loan me?? LOL

Sam wrote:
In article
,
"jones" wrote:

No sorry I don't have a remedy yet. Found a tip in one of this
weekend's newspaper liftouts about the plant SOLENOSTEMON CANIS -
will deter cats from your garden.

I found out that Solenostemon is a Coleus - and Canis is "dog", but
couldn't find the species with both names together.

There was a cat in my backyard the other day and it detours through
my coleuses to get to its yard. Hopefully it won't do that again, but
I am not sure how effective coleuses are.
Maybe SOLENOSTEMON CANIS is a different plant altogether.

Anyone had any successes with deterring cats?

Thanks for any help
Katherine

tiger urine could work