Old 02-06-2007, 01:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Tecumsehs last forever

"theChas." wrote in message
.. .

I believe your primer bulb is not working - either a bad line to it or
faulty or something.

******************************
After using the primer bulb, the fuel leaks out of the horizontal intake
manifold. I don't think even an electric start would have the revs to
suck
the fuel up into the cylinder. The only thing that works is putting fuel
in
cylinder with the eyedropper. Even then it is touch and go, using the
rubber
plug 'choke' to get it running. Using the rubber plug with fuel in in the
intake manifold, without using the eyedropper cylinder injection, will not
start the engine. It is one pee poor design.

That sounds like maybe the intake valve isn't openning right or the exhaust
valve isn't closing. I've had primer bulbs on several engines and the only
problems I've had have been with the small ID connecting hoses.