Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Pelorism? x2

Sorry Ray. This post reads crabbier than I intended. I intended it to look
mostly puzzled, not challenging or angry, and it reads angry/crabby to me.
Wendy reminds me that I did spray with an orthene a few weeks ago, but I'd a
thought the buds were further along in formation and wouldn't cripple.... I
guess not!

Again, sorry if you misinterpreted my post.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Deformation from what???? Just the way things go? I can't think of
anything I've done except not repotted this in 2 years. Last bloom 6 mos
ago was so good I almost brought it in for judging. Ploidy problem?
grrr. Its ticking me off.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Nope. Merely deformation.

Pelorism is defined as having symmetry where it is not expected - e.g.,
petals modified so they look like lips, lip modified so it looks like a
petal, either giving us three where there should be one lip and three
"ordinary" petals.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I'm going to open a vein.