Old 30-03-2003, 07:32 AM
.D.E

Default Black brush algae from hell

GH & KH at the old place were 0. I'm not kidding. Normally the water here on the
west coast of Canada is GH 0, KH 0 and ph 5.8 - 6.

I added 4 siamese algae eaters yesterday as well as some fast growing wisteria and
started to add Kent R/O to raise the GH.

Tank parameters since the 30% water change today.

CO2 2 bubbles/sec. Noticed growth in some plants. Good sign.

GH ~1. I'll keep adding the Kent R/O to raise the GH. Is this stuff just epson
salts?
KH ~5
PO4 ~1 GOOD SIGN!
PH ~ 7.2. I wouldn't mind getting this down to 6.8
FE 0
NO2 .3
NO3 8
Ammonia 0

After spending an hour removing the affected gravel off the bottom, it looks like I
haven't removed any at all. I'm not kidding. It's just as bad as a day ago.

30% water changes will continue until the SAE's can get a handle on the BBA
problem.

--
Later.

D.E.

Have a better one.

To email me back, simply remove "Forget.The.Spam" from my address.