Old 10-06-2007, 03:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Dave Fouchey Dave Fouchey is offline

Default Black Snake - BlackSnake_0012.JPG

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 00:13:50 +0100, "someone"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
This black snake was climbing down a popular tree. I got too close
and it climbed up the tree into a bat house. I've seen other black
snakes in my yard, one was over 6 feet long. The good news is that
they eat copperheads.

What a beautiful creature, lucky you for seeing it. Where I live (U.K.)
the Ice Age wiped out almost all reptile and amphibian species except one or
two snakes and lizards and a couple of frog and toad species.

s.

True but you do have a very pretty Viper species in the British Isles.

Vipera berus

http://www.naturephotographers.net/gs0602-4.jpg

http://www.sthlm-herp.net/galleri/ga...rus_hansta.jpg

Dave Fouchey