Old 13-06-2007, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

In article

..net,
William Wagner wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article

.net,
William Wagner wrote:

Forgot to mention another neglected valuable plant. Bamboo.

A neat book!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ynljd5

Bill

Nice. ;-)

Have you read any of Stamets books on Edible mushroom cultivation?
Oyster mushrooms seem to be one of the easiest and most versatile:

http://www2.mailordercentral.com/fun...=MGGM&VARIATIO
N=&AITEM=1&MITEM=1

No I haven't but Thanks to you I'll check it out.

The man is a genius. :-)
And that site also sells some nice indoor and outdoor cultivation kits
(and wood plugs) for affordable prices. Best way in the world to get rid
of stumps, and eat well while you are at it. G

And no, I have no association with that site. I'm just a real fan of his
writings and philosophies.

Currently our local brown caps are beginning to appear after a warm
rain. I'm located in a wild mushroom oak forest with high ground water.
Would be perfect for wandering about in but our local deer ticks are
the worse I've ever seen. Most years a bit or two a season. I've had 8
in the last week with another 8 weeks to go. Nasty little guys. My dad
two houses away started antibiotics for Lyme's a week ago.

Bill

Bummer. :-(

Does insect repellant spray work to keep tics off of you?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.