Old 14-06-2007, 05:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_7_] Jonno[_7_] is offline

Default cat remedy

Re flames coming out of the cats ears, thats not right.
I have it on good authority flames come out of its ar*e due to
spontaneous evacuation.

HC wrote:
This is too much!! now I'm laughing hysterically and wishing I had a
transister radio!! ROFLMHO!!

I've heard stories about ignition coils in the past and have seen first
hand the reaction of goats to an electric fence.

Don't want to lose my goldfish once I put them in the fishpond....won't
make me very happy at all!!

;-))

Jonno wrote:
Having a small pond and a small fish population, eg 5 goldfish we
noticed them disappearing at nights.
Suspecting foul play, we rigged up an electronic low voltage
transformer, with a ignition coil and wired it around the pond.
Testing it personally it seemed that it worked. It didnt seem to kill
humans, but gave them a shock. (Some unkind people would say I tested
it on an animal doing this) At around two oclock, a dog completed the
circuit. The loud yelping as it ran for cover woke the whole court and
was the talk for days. The neighborhood kids didnt come round for some
time either. As the current was measured in microamps it was safe
enough. So be sure to know what youre doing before setting things up
for possums. Theyre not likely to be standing in a pool of water like
this dumb dog was.
The voltage on an old valve radio can be from 200 volts to over 380
volts from memory so isnt the safest, as current would also be
excessive. Do not use it.
Its current is measured to some 200 Milliamps.
If youre not sure, use a transistor radio (grin)

SG1 wrote:

"Geoff & Heather" wrote in message
u...

My Dad used to tell a great story about when he was plagued with
cats. he was an amateur radio enthusiast and in those days radios
were built with Vacuum tubes and valves which ran off incredibly
high voltage and reasonable amperage, so the trick was a sheet of
wire mesh with a bowl of milk in the middle - one wire from the
power supply on the wire one in the milk. Cat completes the circuit
, shoots six feet in the air, hair standing on end and blue flames
coming out its ears - comes down stiff as a board. Claims he got 6
in one night, but by the time the 4th one approached, his mate was
hysterical with laughter and missed the last 3.

Gee and I have an old Kreisler valve job sitting in the laundry
(still works radio that is) only 35 years old. Damn feral got into my
blood & bone the other night but have not been able to get any mince
I would eat so it lives a bit longer.